Thomas Ridley Foodservice to acquire Elveden Food Hub
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Ridley Foodservice, the west Suffolk-based specialist supplier to the catering industry, has acquired the Elveden Food Hub.
The hub, previously part of the Earl of Iveagh’s Elveden Farms business, based on the Elveden Estate on the Suffolk-Norfolk border, near Thetford, works with small-scale food producers across East Anglia, helping them to build links with retailers ranging from small independents to the major supermarkets.
Under the detal, the value of which has not been disclosed, Elveden’s local food distribution operations transfer to Thomas Ridley Foodservice, complementing its existing business.
The acquisition also includes the Tastes of Anglia trading business, the largest wholesaler of regional food in East Anglia, which became part of the Elveden business just over a year ago.
Rachel Summers, director at Thomas Ridley Foodservice, “This acquisition is an exciting move complementing our existing foodservice offering, and broadening our range of specialist ingredients and regional goods.
“We see this an opportunity for us to work closely with the suppliers to expand their market and distribute local and regional goods further afield.”
Natasha Card, manager at Elveden Food Hub added: “We believe that with Thomas Ridley Foodservice’s experience, they will be able to deliver enormous efficiencies in the distribution to customers, while also opening up a much wider market place for the suppliers.”
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 5 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 6 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 7 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 8 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
- 9 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 10 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
Thomas Ridley Foodservice, based at Rougham, offers the caterinig trade a comprehensive range of chilled, ambient, frozen, professional hygiene and catering sundries supplies, with annual turnover of around £45million.
It plans to integrate the food hub business fully into its one-stop-shop foodservice operation, so providing a comprehensive distribution network for smaller and regional food suppliers into the retail and catering sectors across the east and south-east.
The transfer is due to take place in the next week with the proposed first customer order day being Monday, December 15.