Thorpeness: Hotel group helps couples tie knot by the seaside
- Credit: Archant
Hotel group TA Hotel Collection has launched its first-ever Thorpeness Wedding Open Day with an invitation to couples to consider tying the knot by the sea.
Thorpeness, near Aldeburgh, has been a popular English holiday village since it was built as a private playground for wealthy Scottish barrister and playwright Glencairn Stuart Ogilvie in the 1920s.
TA Hotel Collection, which operates the 36-bedroom art-deco hotel and golf course in Thorpeness and its beachfront sister venue Thorpeness Country Club, now wants to attract more couples seeking stylish and beautiful coastal wedding venues.
Lorraine Mitcham, events sales manager at Thorpeness Hotel and Golf Club, said: “Choosing the right venue for a wedding is one of the most challenging parts of getting married and it makes sense for couples to look far and wide for the perfect place.
“We felt there was no better way to showcase Thorpeness Country Club than by opening the doors for free and letting brides and grooms smell the sea air, look out over the ocean and marvel at our classic 1920’s country club with its boardwalk and high vaulted ceilings.”
The new Thorpeness Wedding Open Day takes place on Sunday, September 29, at Thorpeness Country Club and is free and open to the public.
TA Hotel Collection recently recruited three experienced events and hospitality professionals to grow the weddings and functions business at its two Thorpeness venues.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
Steven Cordory joins as operations manager from the Orwell Hotel in Felixstowe, Lorraine Mitcham as events sales manager from Ufford Park Hotel in Woodbridge and Jazmine D’Angelo is appointed wedding planner from Woodhall Manor.
The trio bring more than 50 years of combined experience in the hospitality and events business and had the idea of establishing the open day as well as launching a series of new and innovative wedding packages suited to a variety of budgets.
“Cost is important when it comes to weddings and it’s all too easy to let things run away with themselves.
That’s why we have created complete wedding packages from £59 per person which helps couples to budget for their big day. We also offer bespoke weddings which we have titled ‘Your Wedding, Your Way,’ and our country club is especially suited to vintage and retro themed weddings,” added Ms Mitcham.
The Thorpeness Open Day is on Sunday September 29th at Thorpeness Country Club, from 11 am to 4 pm and is free of charge.
The first 50 brides through the doors will receive a complimentary glass of sparkling wine courtesy of Adnams.