Three cheers for Suffolk beers
EAST Anglian beer drinkers have given three Suffolk beers their vote in a regional awards.Greene King IPA was voted the east of England's favourite cask beer in the first ever Best of British Beer Awards, following a 'beer election' held in local pubs across the region.
EAST Anglian beer drinkers have given three Suffolk beers their vote in a regional awards.
Greene King IPA was voted the east of England's favourite cask beer in the first ever Best of British Beer Awards, following a 'beer election' held in local pubs across the region.
In second place was its Abbot Ale, and third was Adnams' Broadside.
Drinkers from across the region voted for their favourite cask ale at 'polling stations' inside their local Cask Masque-accredited pubs, using special voting forms printed on beers mats ready for posting in bar-top ballot boxes.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by pub accreditation organisation Cask Marque in association with a national newspaper and was supported by The Campaign for Real Ale and the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group.
Bury St Edmunds based Greene King's managing director Justin Adams said they were “delighted” at the accolade.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
“What makes it so special is that it is the 'peoples'' decision. Real drinkers in real pubs, who enjoy a great tasting, quality pint of cask ale, cast their votes to crown Greene King IPA the best British beer in the east of England. What better accolade could there be?” he said.