ESSEX preserves company Thursday Cottage has appointed a new managing director.Former national sales manager for Wilkin and Sons Tim Came takes on the role after five years building the popular Tiptree brand in the UK.
ESSEX preserves company Thursday Cottage has appointed a new managing director.
Former national sales manager for Wilkin and Sons Tim Came takes on the role after five years building the popular Tiptree brand in the UK.
He will be chiefly responsible for all aspects of the Thursday Cottage brand, with a strong emphasis on enhancing its distribution network and retail opportunities throughout the UK.
Prior to joining Wilkin and Sons, Mr Came spent a number of years running safaris in Southern Africa.
You may also want to watch:
He said he was “delighted” to be given such a unique opportunity.
“Thursday Cottage preserves are made in small batches to tried and tested recipes by a small and very passionate team of staff. I am looking forward to working with the team and ensuring that our brand is increasingly recognised as one of the finest premium preserves on offer,” he said.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Wanted man arrested in Suffolk village
Thursday Cottage, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wilkin and Sons, started life in Devon over 40 years ago. It moved to Essex in 2003 and is based at Trewlands Farm, Tiptree.