Tippers ‘R’ Us celebrates £10m investment in new headquarters at Kesgrave
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk vehicle hire business is celebrating a move into new purpose-built premises following a £10m investment – with more jobs also in store.
Tippers ‘R’ Us and Trucks ‘R’ Us relocated to temporary buildings at Sinks Pit in Kesgrave from their former home in Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, last year, following the sale of their former sister company, Fork Rent.
Now, the businesses have moved in to a new office and workshop complex which has been constructed on the former quarry site alongside a new group businesses, Bag Agg, which has been launched to recycle building waste.
And, today, tomorrow and Saturday, the doors are being thrown open to invited guests from throughout the companies’ supply chains to view the new facilities for themselves.
Guy Nicholls, managing director, said: “The new headquarters is a result of two years of hard work from the brilliant team we have working with us, along with substantial investment.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted with our new facilities and we can’t wait to show them to our customers and business contacts alike with tours running throughout the three days.”
Together, the three businesses currently employ around 50 people, but Mr Nicholls hopes to double this total in the coming months, depending on market conditions.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
The opening celebration is being supported by vehicle and equipment suppliers including Volvo, McCloskey and LDH Attachments which will be host exhibitions.
The new headquarters building features open plan offices and a 12-bay workshop, with an automated truck wash about to be commissioned next door.
There is also 12 acres of hard-standing on the site, including the aggregates recycling business, which has capacity to produce up to 1,400 tonnes of sand and stone products a day.
Alongside the hire operation, which involves a fleet of more than 300 vehicles, the business also sells new and next-to-new vehicles.