Top award for shipping company
THE Ipswich-based Mediterranean Shipping Company (UK) Ltd has been named Shipping Line of the Year by the industry directory Lloyds Loading List. It is the sixth time in 12 years that the company has received the accolade, which is based on votes by shipping line clients around the world.
THE Ipswich-based Mediterranean Shipping Company (UK) Ltd has been named Shipping Line of the Year by the industry directory Lloyds Loading List.
It is the sixth time in 12 years that the company has received the accolade, which is based on votes by shipping line clients around the world.
MSC, the world's second-largest container shipping line, also received awards for best Customer Service in Australasian, African and North American trades and for the fastest transit time to Western India.
Representatives from the company were presented with the awards during a ceremony held at Vinopolous in London and hosted by writer and television personality Ruby Wax.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Dan Everitt: said “We are delighted to have again received this significant award, at a time when the industry as a whole has suffered from many difficulties, including port and road congestion, a continued shortage of transport in the UK , rapidly rising fuel prices and tough economic changes affecting currency exchange and costs.
“This award reflects not only the substantial investment and achievement of MSC globally but also recognises the tremendous efforts made throughout the year by all our MSC (UK) staff.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 9 Woman's body found in village home
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
David Petchey, chairman of MSC (UK), added: “This accolade, won by our company for the sixth time in 12 years, represents an outstanding achievement and demonstrates the professionalism and commitment of all of our staff , supplier partners and the MSC organisation around the world.
“The company's long term presence in East Anglia is assured by the current substantial investment in a modern state of the art office development alongside our present headquarters at the Havens in Ipswich which we believe will meet our expansion expectations for many years to come, guaranteeing further job opportunities and contributing greatly to the local economy.”