Top award for shipping company
THE Ipswich-based Mediterranean Shipping Company (UK) Ltd has been named Shipping Line of the Year by the industry directory Lloyds Loading List. It is the sixth time in 12 years that the company has received the accolade, which is based on votes by shipping line clients around the world.
THE Ipswich-based Mediterranean Shipping Company (UK) Ltd has been named Shipping Line of the Year by the industry directory Lloyds Loading List.
It is the sixth time in 12 years that the company has received the accolade, which is based on votes by shipping line clients around the world.
MSC, the world's second-largest container shipping line, also received awards for best Customer Service in Australasian, African and North American trades and for the fastest transit time to Western India.
Representatives from the company were presented with the awards during a ceremony held at Vinopolous in London and hosted by writer and television personality Ruby Wax.
Managing director Dan Everitt: said “We are delighted to have again received this significant award, at a time when the industry as a whole has suffered from many difficulties, including port and road congestion, a continued shortage of transport in the UK , rapidly rising fuel prices and tough economic changes affecting currency exchange and costs.
“This award reflects not only the substantial investment and achievement of MSC globally but also recognises the tremendous efforts made throughout the year by all our MSC (UK) staff.”
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
David Petchey, chairman of MSC (UK), added: “This accolade, won by our company for the sixth time in 12 years, represents an outstanding achievement and demonstrates the professionalism and commitment of all of our staff , supplier partners and the MSC organisation around the world.
“The company's long term presence in East Anglia is assured by the current substantial investment in a modern state of the art office development alongside our present headquarters at the Havens in Ipswich which we believe will meet our expansion expectations for many years to come, guaranteeing further job opportunities and contributing greatly to the local economy.”