Top tourism events taking shape
PLANS are at an advanced stage for two of the biggest events in Suffolk tourism calendar.The second Tourism in Suffolk Awards - organised by Archant Suffolk, publisher of titles including the East Anglian Daily Times, in partnership with the Suffolk Development Agency's tourism partnership - take place at the Trinity Park conference and events centre outside Ipswich on Thursday, October 4.
PLANS are at an advanced stage for two of the biggest events in Suffolk tourism calendar.
The second Tourism in Suffolk Awards - organised by Archant Suffolk, publisher of titles including the East Anglian Daily Times, in partnership with the Suffolk Development Agency's tourism partnership - take place at the Trinity Park conference and events centre outside Ipswich on Thursday, October 4.
And the Suffolk Tourism Partnership's annual conference is to be held at the newly refurbished Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday, October 14.
Guest speaker at the conference will be Suffolk hotelier Ruth Watson, who features in the Five TV show “The Hotel Inspector”.
You may also want to watch:
The conference programme will also include updates on the work of the tourism partnership, workshop sessions for delegates to have their say on the partnership's priorities and an opportunity to network over lunch.
Scott Dolling, head of tourism at the Suffolk Development Agency, said: “This year's Suffolk Tourism Partnership conference promises to be the best yet.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
“Hosted in the newly restored Theatre Royal in Bury, delegates will have an early opportunity to see one of Suffolk's cultural gems first hand. We are also delighted that Ruth Watson, will be our key note speaker, highlighting issues around quality.
“Marketing activity, sustainable tourism, training and technology will all be covered in the main business of the morning and of course networking with other businesses is a crucial and valued element.”
The Tourism in Suffolk Awards will see the presentation of a dozen awards, recognised excellence and enterprise across all areas of the industry including the hospitality, visitor attraction and support sectors.
Tickets for the event are available now, priced £40. To order tickets, call Dee Beal on 01473 324553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julian Evans, advertisement manager at Archant Suffolk, who is co-ordinating the awards, said: “Building on the success of last year we are planning an incredible awards event where the winners will be announced. Following the theme of sustainability, we are working with JLS Catering and local producers and suppliers to select the finest local produce for the meal at the awards dinner.
“Last year's event was a major success; the tourism industry knows how to party and they proved it. The Tourism in Suffolk Awards evening is certainly one to add to the diary.”