Training: Businesses urged to support National Apprenticeship Week 2014
- Credit: Archant
An online toolkit has been launched to support businesses and training organisations interested in getting involved in National Apprenticeship Week 2014, which starts on March 3.
The National Apprenticeship Service is encouraging employers to organise activities under the theme of “Great Apprenticeships” in order to demonstrate that apprenticeships are good for businesses and for individual careers.
The tool kit can be found at www.apprenticeships.org.uk .
Now in its seventh year, National Apprenticeship Week is coordinated by the National Apprenticeship Service and is a way of celebrating apprenticeships and the positive impact they have on individuals, businesses and the wider economy.
Some examples of how employers can support the week include:
: : Arranging for a member of management and an apprentice to take part in a job swap;
: : Hosting a “Made by apprentices” open day to showcase the work of apprentices to others;
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 3 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 6 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 9 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
: : Tweeting pictures of products that have been #madebyapprentices;
: : Use the “pledgeometer”, new for 2014, to pledge apprentice job vacancies in the run to, and during the week.
Karen Woodward, interim national Director of apprenticeships at the National Apprenticeship Service, said: “National Apprenticeship Week is a fantastic opportunity to shine the spotlight on Apprenticeships and how they help employers grow their own talent and provide a great opportunity for apprentices to earn while they learn.”