Tree-top adventure firm Go Ape plans expansion in UK and US
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based forest adventure company Go Ape has unveiled an ambitious investment programme for 2015, including a venture into urban territory.
Go Ape, which is based near Bury St Edmunds and opened its first high-wire attraction in Thetford Forest in 2002, plans to launch a new “Go Ape City Park Adventure” concept, with London’s Battersea Park lined up as the first venue.
The company says it will offer a new twist on its established offer, involving a “condensed” but still challenging tree-top experience for adults and children.
Other developments this year will include new junior courses at three of its existing UK sites and the opening of five more facilities in the United States, where Go Ape opened its first centre in 2010.
The new US venues include Raleigh, North Carolina, Cleveland, Ohio, Memphis, Tennessee, New Britain, Connecticut and Chicago, Illinois.
Back in the UK, further Air Space indoor trampoline parks are also planned this year, following the opening of the first at East Kilbride in Scotland in December.
The investment plans follow a successful 2014 for the company which saw its 28 UK sites attract a record total of more than 820,000 visitors and annual turnover grow by 28% to £18.2million.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 3 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 4 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 7 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
- 9 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 10 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
Jerome Mayhew, managing director at Go Ape, said: “I am thrilled that 2014 enabled us to welcome so many new and returning customers to our adventures and we plan to accelerate this growth in 2015.
“I am particularly proud of the way our team has developed great new ideas for the New Year: it’s a challenge to keep up with their enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit.“