Trimley St Martin: MTA Marine Retailer of the Year award for Seamark Nunn
- Credit: Archant
YACHT chandlery Seamark Nunn has been named Marine Retailer of the Year at the Marine Trade Association (MTA) Boating Business annual industry awards, held at the London International Boat Show.
The award is one of the premier accolades to be handed out by the MTA, whose chairman, Chris Murdoch, described the past 12 months have having been “very tough” for both the marine industry and the retail sector in general.
Andrew Nunn, managing director of Seamark Nunn, which was established in 1961 and is based at Trimley St Martin, near Felixstowe, said: “This is an especially proud moment for the whole team at Seamark Nunn.
“We’ve invested heavily in refurbishing our chandlery and just re-launched our website with a fresh new look and easier to use navigation.”
The MTA/BB Awards are judged by a panel of personalities who all have a firm foothold and a solid reputation within the marine industry.
You may also want to watch:
The retailer award was presented by one of the MTA/BB judging panel, Charlie Mill, managing director of Ocean Safety Ltd.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket