Tuddenham Mill near Newmarket wins Good Hotel Guide ‘editor’s choice’ accolade
- Credit: Archant
Tuddenham Mill in west Suffolk is among the winners in the 2018 Good Hotel Guide’s “editor’s choice” awards for restaurants with rooms.
The top 10 listing identifies small hotels where accommodation and good food go hand-in-hand, with Tuddenham Mill being described as “a graceful spot” which “surprises with its boutiquey bedrooms and ambitious dinners”.
Judges were impressed by “stylish, well-thought-out bedrooms, countryside portions and inspiring food combinations” and by the “generosity and graciousness of the Mill’s customer service”.
Lee Bye, chef patron at Tuddenham Mill, which has three AA rosettes, said: “It is terrific news for the hotel. The team and I are so pleased to be recognised as an Editor’s Choice.
“The housekeepers, front of house, porters and chefs, are all key to ensuring our guests’ experience of the Mill is a truly special one.”
You may also want to watch:
Also among the winners is the Crown & Castle at Orford, recently acquired by TA Hotel Collection having been run for many years by Ruth and David Watson and Tim Sunderland.
The guide says of the Crown & Castle: “The attention to detail, excellent service and quality of cooking at this brilliant restaurant-with-rooms have set the standard by which other hotels will be judged.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark