Bakers launch stand-alone school from Suffolk base
- Credit: Archant
A regional café and bakery chain has launched its own standalone bakery school.
Two Magpies’ Bake School has been built next to its café-bakery in Darsham, off the A12.
The business – owned by Rebecca Bishop and Steve Magnall – operates four artisan bakeries across Suffolk and Norfolk.
Two Magpies previously hosted some classes in its bakery, but the pair felt there was scope to expand that side of the business.
MORE – ‘Landmark’ seaside restaurant building goes up for saleThey wanted members of the public to experience artisan baking first-hand, and share new skills and trade secrets.
Although class numbers are currently reduced due to the coronavirus pandemic, Two Magpies Bake School will be offering a range of classes including old favourites such as its doughnut and sourdough masterclasses, gluten-free baking, Scandinavian baking, Continental baking and a bagel and pretzel class.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very excited to launch our purpose-built bake school which will allow us to expand the number of courses we can offer and teach even more people how to bake wonderful real bread and pastries,” said Rebecca.
“Whether you’re a beginner looking to gain more confidence, or an experienced baker wanting to add to your existing skills, we have created a class list that will suit all abilities.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
“Within the bake school we can now offer full day and half day courses, as well as classes in the evening.
“Every course is taught in a relaxed and informal environment by experienced bakers with a focus on demystifying baking techniques, experimenting and applying lessons learnt to the home environment.”
Spaces for the course are already filling up quickly, she said.
Two Magpies Bakery operates bakeries in Aldeburgh, Southwold, Darsham and Norwich producing a range of breads and pastries.