Ufford Park Hotel starts work on refurbishment of 20 bedrooms
- Credit: Archant
Ufford Park Hotel, near Woodbridge, has started work on a major refurbishment of 20 bedrooms.
The investment follows a positive reaction from customers to the refit of four “prototype” bedrooms last year, including two to the hotel’s “Premier” specification, one “Superior” and one “Classic”.
Between now and March, a relatively quiet period for the hotel, a further 11 Classic rooms, two Superior rooms and all seven of the remaining Premier rooms are being fully refitted.
The Classic and Superior rooms are all within the original part of the hotel and although they have undergone refurbishment before the work this time is the most extensive since they were first completed in 1992.
Besides new carpets, beds, decor and curtains, the rooms are getting new lighting and heating and additional electrical sockets, with USB ports, to serve guests’ increasing use of portable devices.
You may also want to watch:
With hotel staff pitching in to help out with the work, director Tarnia Robertson rolled up her own sleeves to tackle some painting and wallpapering.
“Having sourced the paint, wallpaper, bedding, soft furnishings and local art for the rooms and designed the overall look, it was only logical for me to get in at the sharp end,” she said.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence