UK: CLA Game Fair box office opens
- Credit: Archant
A LANDOWNERS’ organisation is predicting a huge turnout for its flagship event this year.
The Country Land and Business Association this week opened the box office for its Game Fair, which is due to take place at Ragley Hall in Warwickshire from July 19 to July 21.
The event celebrates the countryside and showcases the importance of field sports and country activities to the rural economy.
Director Andrew Crawford said: “The CLA Game Fair is the jewel in the crown of the outdoor show calendar and is recognised nationally and internationally as the biggest countryside event of its kind.”
“Having missed a year, we are expecting a surge of interest and a ‘bounce-back’ effect with 1,000-plus exhibitors and a very large number of visitors.”
You may also want to watch:
In the current economic climate our exhibitors need as much support from our visitors as possible, he said.
“We have held our advance ticket prices at 2012 levels to try to encourage as many visitors as possible,” he said.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
Attractions at the 2013 CLA Game Fair will include the CLA Gundog of the Year, and the exciting opportunity to win £10,000 in the Fish for a Fortune competition.
Visitors will be able to try a range of sports themselves during their day, with have-a-go sessions for everything from field archery, clay shooting, fishing, traditional craft making and falconry to the Land Rover 4x4 course.
The CLA Game Fair is home to the largest fishing event in the UK. A world-class line up is set to compete in the International Spey Casting Championship and visitors can see demonstrations of game, saltwater, freshwater, sea, carp and coarse fishing.
Around 100 of the leading fishing retailers will be based in Fisherman’s Village, where you can “try before you buy” in the rod testing area.
Visit www.gamefair.co.uk or call the ticket hotline on 0207 460 7955.