UK lamb sales boom
UK lamb has seen a 40% rise in sales in Germany over the past two years, following a campaign to establish it in the gastronomy sector.
The German appetite for UK lamb was highlighted during a visit to the UK organised by levy payers’ organisation EBLEX.
It hosted 12 guests, including retail buyers and journalists, on a three-day visit to the UK which showcased farm-to-plate lamb production and included sheep farm and auction market visits, lamb cutting demonstrations and a lamb dinner.
Germany is now the second largest export market for UK lamb after France.
EBLEX is planning a special reception in Dusseldorf later this month as part of its exports drive.
You may also want to watch:
Jean-Pierre Garnier, EBLEX export manager, said: “Our guests were very impressed by what they saw. Germany is now the second largest export market for UK lamb and sales have increased by more than 40 per cent over the last two years. During that time we have campaigned to establish the product within the gastronomy sector.
“We are now starting to make inroads with the retail sector and are making steady progress. Sheep meat exporters can see the potential opportunities and are increasingly committed to developing them.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine