UK: Pig industry seek nominations for David Black award
- Credit: IAN BURT
A prestigious pig industry awards event is looking for nominees.
Each year the David Black award is given to somebody who has made a valuable and sustained contribution to the pig industry and is presented at the House of Lords each November.
Nominations close on 30 August and the entry form is available on the BPEX website. The judging is by an independent panel chaired by BPEX Director Mick Sloyan. “Each year the judges face a very difficult task because there are so many deserving people nominated for the award,” said Mick.
“It makes you realise what a wealth of talent there is in the industry and how dedicated they all are.”
The award can go to anybody who has made an important contribution to the industry whether as a producer, processor, academic, retailer or journalist.
You may also want to watch:
Former winner, NPA webmaster Digby Scott said: “The David Black Award is the pig industry’s most important award.
“It demonstrates to the rest of the world, including others in the pig meat supply chain, ministers, peers, MPs and regulators what we value most in this sector and what our best people are capable of achieving on behalf of the industry.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Follow the link http://www.bpex.org.uk/news/david-black/nomination.aspx for details.