UKTI Exporting is Great Roadshow heads for the Suffolk Show
- Credit: Archant
An export drive will be getting into gear at the Suffolk Show tomorrow as part of a nationwide tour.
The Exporting is Great Roadshow will be at the Trinity Park event tomorrow and Thursday.
First-time exporters will be able to find out how to take advantage of more than 2000 export opportunities currently available for UK businesses at the UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) Export Hub by attending free seminars and one-to-one meetings with UKTI advisers.
On board is the latest technology from partners Microsoft and BT, which has already connected more than 3,000 businesses with live export opportunities.
UKTI East regional director Alan Pain said: “This region is a global leader in some of the world’s fastest-growing and innovative sectors, such as agriculture, food and drink, creative industries, education and skills, ICT and life sciences.
You may also want to watch:
“The world wants to buy what we’re selling so come along to the Export Hub and you can find out how to go about it. The demand is out there. You could be too.”
The Government’s five year Exporting is Great initiative was launched in November 2015 with the aim of supporting 100,000 additional UK businesses to sell their goods or services overseas by 2020.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 8 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
So far over there have been 590,000 visits and 1.9m page views of www.exportingisgreat.gov.uk, as well as more than 21,900 downloads of the Exporting is GREAT export guide.
Some of the business opportunities include a German company seeking products such as agricultural, earth moving, lift and other industrial vehicles, a Spanish manufacturer of fertilisers looking for providers of slow release nutrients and a Lithuanian agricultural firm wanting livestock/farm equipment.