University of Suffolk raises glass to ‘Year of Celebration’ with Calvors Brewery partnership
- Credit: Archant
The University of Suffolk’s “Year of Celebration”, marking its creation as a stand-alone university, is to have its own official beer.
The university has teamed up with Coddenham-based brewer Calvors to produce Suffolk Graduate, which will be officially launched next week.
University vice-chancellor Richard Lister said: “We are delighted to have partnered with Calvors who use traditional craft methods in beer making. Much of their story, ambitions and values mirrors that of ours.
“A range of activities and events have already taken place to mark our Year of Celebration so this was just another way, and something a bit different, of officially recognising our achievements and success in becoming the University of Suffolk.
“We are sure Suffolk Graduate will go down well with staff, students and the local community,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
The name and branding for Suffolk Graduate has been developed by James Tye of Ipswich-based Achieve Creative, who graduated from the university’s graphic design programme in 2011.
He said: “The idea I chose to develop took inspiration from the mortarboard, whereby the logo would take form of the diamond shape.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
“The required details and name were then presented clearly in the university’s brand typefaces and colours, making a bold and fitting tribute to mark this ‘Year of Celebration”. It only made sense to call it Suffolk Graduate.”
Miles Hooton, head of business development at Calvors, said: “Here at Calvors Brewery our local following is hugely important to what we do. When the opportunity came about to work with the University of Suffolk we jumped at the chance to help recognise their fantastic achievement of attaining University status.
“Our goal for Suffolk Graduate is to provide pubs across Suffolk with a great tasting beer for their ale lines, whilst at the same time spreading the word of the University’s hard work. We do hope local landlords will be keen to take a firkin or two in the coming weeks to support this project.”
Suffolk Graduate will be launched on Saturday, April 22 at Cult on Ipswich’s Waterfront to coincide with an open day being held by the university as part of its Year of Celebration.
It will also be available from select venues during the summer. Any pub landlords interested in stocking Suffolk Graduate should contact Calvors directly on 01449 711055.