Update: Manager of tool hire firm tells of anger after suspected ram raid in Charles Industrial Estate in Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
THE manager of a tool hire business has spoken of his anger after thieves caused more than £1,000 worth of damage in a suspected ram raid.
The drama unfolded at Bright Acres Hire or Buy in Charles Industrial Estate in Stowmarket around 9.15pm tonight.
Manager John Bullard, who was at the scene with owner Duncan Macdonald, said it was the third time in five years the business had been targeted.
He said when they arrived they main shutter gates to the premises had been ripped open, causing around £1,000 worth of damage.
However he said they believed whoever carried out the raid may have only stolen two small drills of minimal value.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m just angry at the moment,” he said. “From what they got out of it, it’s just mindless. When we arrived the shutter door had been ripped open, probably by a vehicle of some description.”
Mr Bullard said it did not appear as if the thieves had caused too much damage apart from the shutter.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
Police were called to the scene and are urging anyone with information about what happened, or who the offenders are, to call officers on 101.