Visa card payments failing across UK
- Credit: PA
Customers across the UK and wider Europe are facing problems paying with their Visa cards.
The company says it is experiencing “service disruption” and is working to resolve the issue.
Visa users have taken to social media to complain, and it is understood the Bank of England is aware of the issue and is in touch with Visa.
A Visa spokesman said: “Visa is currently experiencing a service disruption.
“This incident is preventing some Visa transactions in Europe from being processed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are investigating the cause and working as quickly as possible to resolve the situation.”
HSBC’s UK Twitter account replied to a customer query on Twitter: “We believe there may have recently been issues with Visa’s payments processing.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
“From what we understand there are still intermittent issues but services are slowly recovering.”