Visa card payments failing across UK
- Credit: PA
Customers across the UK and wider Europe are facing problems paying with their Visa cards.
The company says it is experiencing “service disruption” and is working to resolve the issue.
Visa users have taken to social media to complain, and it is understood the Bank of England is aware of the issue and is in touch with Visa.
A Visa spokesman said: “Visa is currently experiencing a service disruption.
“This incident is preventing some Visa transactions in Europe from being processed.
“We are investigating the cause and working as quickly as possible to resolve the situation.”
HSBC’s UK Twitter account replied to a customer query on Twitter: “We believe there may have recently been issues with Visa’s payments processing.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 4 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 5 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 8 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 9 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 10 Man exposes himself to two women on Thorpeness beach
“From what we understand there are still intermittent issues but services are slowly recovering.”