More than 60 gins to sample by the Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Gin lovers in Ipswich are in for a treat as Briarbank Bar and Brewery hosts its second gin festival of the year this weekend, through September 28 to 30. It’s the third gin festival the Briarbank Bar and Brewery has held so far.
Briarbank is showcasing more than 60 gins over the weekend.
As well as welcoming local distiller, Fishers Gin, to share its story with customers on Friday September 28, live music and entertainment is also scheduled.
There will be live music with Words an Music on Friday playing the sounds of the Sixties. On Saturday Lisa Day will be singing vintage style jazz and swing era songs.
Then on Sunday September 30 Shane Baxendale and his four-piece band will play classic rock `n’ roll music from the 50s.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Lewis-Pyke, the head brewer at Briarbank said: “This is our second gin festival this year – bringing over 60 gins to sample under one roof. It’s a great opportunity for people to sample some new gins, to learn a bit about them and to have a great time while they’re doing it.”
It’s the third gin festival the Briarbank Bar and Brewery has held, and the second one this year.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth