West Suffolk: Ardex boss Peter Bell to take on dual role
THE boss of a tiling and flooring products maker based at Haverhill is heading upwards with another role managing an adhesives operation.
But Peter Bell, managing director of Ardex UK, will stick to his old post as well as heading up Building Adhesives Ltd, the parent company of Dunlop Adhesives and BAL, as managing director.
Mr Bell, who has spent more than 10 years at the helm at Ardex, took on the role with immediate effect and will initially be based at the Building Adhesives office in Stoke on Trent but will continue to manage Ardex.
Once he has settled into role, he will divide his time between the two sites.
The group company in Ireland, Ardex Building Products Ireland Ltd, will also report to him.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Eslamlooy, chief executive officer at the ARDEX Group, said the two businesses would be kept separate.
“In the current difficult economic climate we believe that it is important to have just one managing director running both UK companies, to work to achieve operational synergies to strengthen both businesses going forward and continue to offer our customers the best products and highest levels of service,” he said.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
“However, please note that nothing else changes and the two companies will still continue to operate as two completely separate entities, retaining their existing position within the market.”