West Suffolk-based Box-It East acquired by Oasis Group
- Credit: Archant
Secure document storage specialist Box-It East, which is based near Bury St Edmunds, has been acquired by records and information management (RIM) group Oasis.
Box-It East, which previously operated as a franchise, will be rebranded under the Oasis identity in the coming weeks but says it will be a case of “business as usual” for its clients.
Oasis has also acquired Box It UK but not the other Box It franchises which will continue to operate independently.
Claire Brooks, who was managing director of Box-It East and will remain with the business, along with its 10-strong workforce, said the new ownership and rebrand was a positive development.
Dennis Barnedt, founder and vice chairman of Oasis which is based in Dublin and has locations across the European Union, said: “We are delighted to add Box-it UK to the OASIS family.
You may also want to watch:
“Together with our capabilities as an international RIM provider and the presence of Box-it across the UK, our intent as a parent company is to grow Box-it to its full potential.
“Both companies will advance from the significant benefits each one provides, which in turn, will contribute to building on a successful business within a competitive market.”
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
Brian Connolly, chief executive of Oasis, added: “Increasing our footprint in the UK market, plus adding new business processes and digital offerings, is part of our long-term strategic plan to better serve our current and future clients.”
Simon McCowen, chairman and principal shareholder of Box-it, said: “With the acquisition of Box-it by Oasis Group, the future looks bright for this substantial business and will enable further consolidation in the document management industry.”
Box-It East was a member of the 2016 cohort of the Future50 community of fast-growing businesses in Suffolk and Essex and was a runner-up in the One to Watch category of last year’s EADT Business Awards.