West Suffolk menswear brand Trotter & Deane to open new store in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Bury St Edmunds-based premium menswear specialist Trotter & Deane is to launch a new store in Cambridge – in one of the city’s most sought-after streets.
Trotter & Deane, which was founded in Bury 1991, champions British tailoring and sees the location of the new store, in Sussex Street, as a good fit for its approach and style.
Founder John Deane-Bowers said: “The colonnaded precinct of Sussex Street, in the historic centre of Cambridge, really suits the character of our independent menswear business. Whilst keeping pace with developing trends, our philosophy is one of selling enduring style.
“Great tailoring, attention to detail and a personal touch are what sets us apart. Our team look forward to meeting the people of Cambridge, showcasing our unique menswear brand with the launch of the new spring/summer clothing and accessory range.”
Trotter & Deane has signed a 10-year lease on the unit, which offers more than 1,000 sq ft of space at ground floor and basement levels, and plans to open the new store in early May following a refit.
The unit, at 15-16 Sussex Street, Cambridge, which was previously a toy shop, was let on behalf of Sidney Sussex College through agents Cheffins.
Betsy Wong, director at Cheffins, said: “We are pleased to have let this property on behalf of Sidney Sussex College to one of the region’s premium brands and we are sure that Trotter & Deane will contribute successfully to the current tenant mix.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 6 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 7 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 8 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 9 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 10 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
“The college has always placed an importance on the street supporting local, independent businesses and we have carefully managed the location to ensure a strong cross-section of high end retailers.
“Trotter & Deane will add to Cambridge’s already thriving luxury retail scene and we expect the company to make a great success of its second store.”