See inside newly-refurbished Westleton Crown
- Credit: Archant
A popular Suffolk hotel which once hosted the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has reopened after an extensive lockdown refurbishment.
The Westleton Crown, tucked away on the edge of the Suffolk Coast and Health Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), was forced to close back in March as a result of coronavirus, with the hospitality sector going into hibernation across the county.
Now the hotel is able to open once again with a brand-new look after an extensive refurbishment.
Phillip Turner, founder of Westleton Crown owners Chestnut, said: “We have taken the opportunity throughout lockdown to bring our vision for The Westleton Crown to life.
“We wanted to create a venue that celebrates the wonderful scenery and wildlife that surrounds the property and with a lot of people deciding to take their holidays in the UK this year, it felt like the perfect time to provide an environment to escape and relax.”
You may also want to watch:
All rooms and several outbuildings have been refurbished, adding new family accommodation to the hotel.
The Westleton Crown has hosted the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in the past as well.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
The pair stayed the night in its previous incarnation, the Crown Inn, on their one-year anniversary, having attended the wedding of the Duchess’ school friend Hannah Gillingham the day before.