Wetheringsett: Plinth 2000 helps Imagine Spa deliver a ‘wow’ factor
TREATMENT couch manufacturer Plinth 2000 is helping spa operator Imagine to deliver a “wow” factor for its customers.
Plinth 2000, which is based at Wetheringsett, near Stowmarket, and has supplied more than 60 of its purpose-designed PRO3 models to Norfolk-based Imagine Spa, has now developed a bespoke couch incorporating waterproof LED lighting in the base frame.
This enables clients to lie face down for their treatments and gaze through the breathing aperture at illuminated flower-filled water bowls, rather than the floor.
The Imagine Spa concept, a spin-off from the Fitness Express chain of health clubs, was first developed by Dave Courteen and his business partner in 2007 and has grown strongly since then.
Imagine now operates more than 20 spas across the country including a number of hotel-based facilities for brands such as Hilton, Marriott and Radisson Edwardian.
You may also want to watch:
The PRO3 couch was specifically developed by Plinth 2000 for spas, health clubs and beauty salons, with extra thick padding for longer treatment sessions, electric or hydraulic height adjustment for ease of client access, and flexible back-rest and foot-rest positioning by means of hydro-pneumatic gas cylinders.
All its couches for Imagine are upholstered in leather-grain vinyl, which is durable, flame retardant, anti-microbial and fully washable, and feature a standard breathing hole and removable plug, for when treatment is applied face down.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
The LED accent lighting was a customer-requested modification that Plinth 2000 was able to source and integrate into the design.
The recessed uplighter incorporates around 30 light emitting diodes behind a toughened glass diffuser and marine-grade stainless steel front plate, producing a unit which is waterproof as well as featuring electrical shock safeguards.
“We buy our couches from Plinth because we like the flexibility of their approach and all the little extras they provide, as well as their close attention to detail on product design and assembly,” said Mr Courteen.
“If we throw them a challenge like the LED lights, then Plinth will come up with a solution. In the spa business, a little innovation like this helps differentiate our brand from the competition.”