Wetheringsett: Plinth 2000 helps Imagine Spa deliver a ‘wow’ factor
TREATMENT couch manufacturer Plinth 2000 is helping spa operator Imagine to deliver a “wow” factor for its customers.
Plinth 2000, which is based at Wetheringsett, near Stowmarket, and has supplied more than 60 of its purpose-designed PRO3 models to Norfolk-based Imagine Spa, has now developed a bespoke couch incorporating waterproof LED lighting in the base frame.
This enables clients to lie face down for their treatments and gaze through the breathing aperture at illuminated flower-filled water bowls, rather than the floor.
The Imagine Spa concept, a spin-off from the Fitness Express chain of health clubs, was first developed by Dave Courteen and his business partner in 2007 and has grown strongly since then.
Imagine now operates more than 20 spas across the country including a number of hotel-based facilities for brands such as Hilton, Marriott and Radisson Edwardian.
The PRO3 couch was specifically developed by Plinth 2000 for spas, health clubs and beauty salons, with extra thick padding for longer treatment sessions, electric or hydraulic height adjustment for ease of client access, and flexible back-rest and foot-rest positioning by means of hydro-pneumatic gas cylinders.
All its couches for Imagine are upholstered in leather-grain vinyl, which is durable, flame retardant, anti-microbial and fully washable, and feature a standard breathing hole and removable plug, for when treatment is applied face down.
- 1 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 2 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 3 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 5 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman from west Suffolk found safe
- 7 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
- 8 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 9 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 10 Woman in her 70s dies after serious crash in Hadleigh
The LED accent lighting was a customer-requested modification that Plinth 2000 was able to source and integrate into the design.
The recessed uplighter incorporates around 30 light emitting diodes behind a toughened glass diffuser and marine-grade stainless steel front plate, producing a unit which is waterproof as well as featuring electrical shock safeguards.
“We buy our couches from Plinth because we like the flexibility of their approach and all the little extras they provide, as well as their close attention to detail on product design and assembly,” said Mr Courteen.
“If we throw them a challenge like the LED lights, then Plinth will come up with a solution. In the spa business, a little innovation like this helps differentiate our brand from the competition.”