Wherstead: Jimmy Doherty of Jimmy’s Farm to front Red Tractor pork TV campaign
- Credit: Archant
A three-week television campaign is set to explain what the Red Tractor pork scheme is all about.
Pork levy payers’ organisation BPEX will be running a documentary-style advert for pork running from January 22 to February 16, fronted by Jimmy Doherty, owner of Jimmy’s Farm at Wherstead, near Ipswich, on Channel 4, More4, Good Food and 4OD.
BPEX head of marketing Kirsty Walker said: “This is a great opportunity to raise awareness of Red Tractor as a whole as well as specifically for pork.
“The timing of the TV burst is also very important in view of the current differential between domestic and European prices.
“It is important to explain what the Red Tractor stands for and to ask people to think about their choice and look for the logo when they are shopping for pork and pork products.
The campaign has been developed to engage consumers with the Red Tractor mark and begin to build loyalty at a critical time for pig farmers, pork processors and retailers who support Red Tractor pork.
In the advert, Jimmy Doherty urges audiences to ‘Trust The Tractor’, helping customers to understad the meaning of the Red Tractor.The 30 second ‘Trust The Tractor’ TV ad will be supported by a host of online content, in which Jimmy credibly articulates the benefits of the Red Tractor assurance scheme.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 3 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 4 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 5 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 6 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 7 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 8 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 9 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 10 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
A series of three online videos will be hosted on the Channel 4 website while 30 second ads for films will run on 4oD, appearing before food and factual programmes with prompts to click through to the full length versions. Online banner advertising will also run throughout the 4oD website.
To find out when the ad is appearing go to www.lovepork.co.uk/red-tractor-pork/give-a-fork-about-your-pork/where the advertising schedule will be available a week in advance of being broadcast. You can also see the other videos of Jimmy talking about the Red Tractor pork scheme