Why Suffolk brewery St Peter’s is backing ‘Dry January’
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower
A Suffolk brewing company is to be an unlikely participant in a supermarket promotion being launched to mark next month’s “Dry January” campaign.
Dry January, which is led by the Alcohol Concern charity, encourages drinkers to abstain from alcohol for a full month following the festive season.
Supermarket giant Tesco is running a three-week promotion, from January 2 until January 22, offering discounts on non/low alcohol drinks at 750 of its stores.
And among the products included will be Without Original, the first of three zero alcohol beers launched over the past two years by St Peter’s Brewery, based near Bungay.
“Dry January is a very important time for us,” said Steve Magnall, chief executive at St Peter’s. “There are many breweries across the UK launching what they describe as alcohol-free beers but in reality most are 0.5% alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Without brand is the only zero alcohol craft ale in the UK and promotions such as these with Tesco are a fantastic way for us to redefine our position as the number one.”
The Without range also includes Without Gold and the newly-launched Without Organic. Without Original already features at a number of Tesco stores but the promotion will result in exposure at an additional 193 sites.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
Mr Magnall added: “We are looking forward to seeing sales of Without® Original spike during the Dry January promotion, and we hope to secure new customers to the brand.”