Witham-based Hayman Distillers wins Gold in 2015 International Wine and Spirits Competition
Essex gin maker Hayman Distillers is celebrating after winning a Gold award at this year’s International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC).
The fifth-generation family firm, based in Witham, picked up the accolade for its Hayman’s Family Reserve Gin, together with a Silver Outstanding rating for its London Dry Gin.
Director Miranda Hayman said: “We are delighted to have won this award at the prestigious IWSC competition and following last year’s win of ‘World’s Best Gin’ for Hayman’s London Dry Gin at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, this further endorses the essence of what we have always strived for, which is to produce world class authentic gins.
“Hayman’s Family Reserve Gin was only relaunched at the end of last year and we continue see enormous positivity towards the gin here and indeed abroad.”
The IWSC judges described Family Reserve Gin as “smooth and silky” and “a very sippable, balanced and rounded product.”
You may also want to watch:
Southwold-based Adnams’ Copper House Distillery was also among the IWSC winners this year, receiving Silver Outstanding awards for its Barley Vodka and Sloe Gin, Silver for First Rate Gin and Limoncello and Bronze for Copper House Distilled Gin, Longshore Vodka and Single Malt Whisky.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 Body found in the River Orwell
- 9 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash