Woodbridge: Demand for speciality vinegar leads to new fusion
- Credit: Archant
THE owner of a vinegar-making company says she is beating the recession and expanding her business.
Nut Tree Farm Vinegars, founded in 2011 by Emma Aldous, has seen demand outstrip supply. Emma has now formed a new company, New Twist Foods Ltd, which she jointly owns with local business consultant Neville Stein.
The firm, based at Alderton, near Woodbridge, will initially produce an extended range of infused vinegars which will be available through farm shops, delicatessens and restaurants in the East Anglian region.
“From the customer feedback I’d had, I knew they were great products that could do really well, but as a sole proprietor I realised that I needed help to reach their full potential,” explained Emma.
“Neville has a proven track record in creating new markets and his skills and experience complement mine perfectly.”
Neville, who lives in Woodridge and is very familiar with the speciality food sector, believes the new company has a great future.
“We choose the name New Twist Foods because Emma’s vinegar products are a new twist on an established product,” he explained.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 5 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 6 Police release picture of man after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 9 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
“Essentially the vinegars are infused with fruits and spices to create unusual, but exciting, new tastes.
“Ultimately we aim to add a new twist to a whole range of traditional food items.”
New Twist Foods Ltd has undergone a complete re-brand.
Its range includes flavours such as spiced blackberry vinegar, an award winning chocolate vinegar, and a popular zingy lime and chilli vinegar.
They are available as 250ml bottles or in catering size containers for cafes and restaurants.