Woodbridge: Demand for speciality vinegar leads to new fusion
- Credit: Archant
THE owner of a vinegar-making company says she is beating the recession and expanding her business.
Nut Tree Farm Vinegars, founded in 2011 by Emma Aldous, has seen demand outstrip supply. Emma has now formed a new company, New Twist Foods Ltd, which she jointly owns with local business consultant Neville Stein.
The firm, based at Alderton, near Woodbridge, will initially produce an extended range of infused vinegars which will be available through farm shops, delicatessens and restaurants in the East Anglian region.
“From the customer feedback I’d had, I knew they were great products that could do really well, but as a sole proprietor I realised that I needed help to reach their full potential,” explained Emma.
“Neville has a proven track record in creating new markets and his skills and experience complement mine perfectly.”
You may also want to watch:
Neville, who lives in Woodridge and is very familiar with the speciality food sector, believes the new company has a great future.
“We choose the name New Twist Foods because Emma’s vinegar products are a new twist on an established product,” he explained.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
“Essentially the vinegars are infused with fruits and spices to create unusual, but exciting, new tastes.
“Ultimately we aim to add a new twist to a whole range of traditional food items.”
New Twist Foods Ltd has undergone a complete re-brand.
Its range includes flavours such as spiced blackberry vinegar, an award winning chocolate vinegar, and a popular zingy lime and chilli vinegar.
They are available as 250ml bottles or in catering size containers for cafes and restaurants.