Woodbridge high street travel agents ‘overwhelmed’ after scooping regional accolade
- Credit: Deben Travel
High street travel agents in Woodbridge are “overwhelmed” after being named one of the best agencies in the UK & Ireland.
Deben Travel has joined a power-list of the best agents in the British Isles by industry bible the Travel Trade Gazette (TTG) after it was chosen as the Top Travel Agency in the East of England.
The TTG Top 50 Travel Agencies list was revealed in a ceremony in Birmingham following a rigorous judging process, which saw agencies be rated by tour operators and other suppliers, and then assessed by travel trade journalists.
More than 900 travel agencies and branches put themselves forward.
Deben Travel owner Lee Hunt said the team was “overwhelmed”. “We pride ourselves on the research we put in to finding the right holiday and the service we deliver. To not only be in the Top 50 but to be No.1 in the East Of England is testament to our great team,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
TTG group editor Pippa Jacks said: “It’s been truly inspiring to hear how these agencies go above and beyond on a daily basis, to deliver extraordinary service and incredible value to their customers, and to support their local communities.
“Our winners demonstrate that high street travel retailing in 2018 is a vibrant and successful business sector, and that the future is bright for exceptional agencies like these.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 8 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
Judges said of Deben Travel: “From diffusing a tropical scent as customers enter to store to using virtual reality headsets to bring destinations to life, this travel agency is always looking for ways to innovate. A close-knit, experienced team ensures a personal experience for each and every client.”
The shortlisting stage was undertaken by a panel of 60 travel suppliers including airlines, tour operators and car hire providers, who rated hopeful agencies according to their business performance, customer service and innovation. To decide which shortlisted agencies made it into the Top 50 list, a TTG journalist visited or interviewed each shortlisted agency to carry out an assessment.