Woodbridge: John Grose diversifies with launch of new SPAR store
EAST Anglian car dealership group John Grose has diversified by entering the convenience grocery market.
John Grose, which has Ford, Kia, Citroen and Peugeot sales and aftersales operations at eight locations across the region, has converted part of its site at Melton, near Woodbridge, into a SPAR store.
The site, which was acquired by John Grose in 2006 from the Edmondson group, has previously operated as a car showroom, service garage and filling station.
The petrol forecourt, recently upgraded and rebranded as part of a move to the Gulf fuel brand, and the servicing facility continue to operate, but with the addition of the SPAR store with free on-site parking for customers.
The store, which is open from 6am until 8pm Monday to Saturday and between 8am and 6pm on Sunday, stocks a comprehensive range of food and drink, including local products sourced through Tastes of Anglia, together with household products and National Lottery tickets.
You may also want to watch:
John Grose says it has created a number of new part- and full-time jobs, with the potential for more in the future.
David Grose, aftersales director, said: “We are all very excited about the new venture at our Melton site.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
“We decided to take this direction because we believe it will complement our existing vehicle service and forecourt operations, and be an asset to the Melton community.”
Store manager Sue Jackson added: “We’re really hoping to provide the people of Melton with everything they could want from a convenience store.”
David Scott, recruitment manager for A F Blakemore which operates the SPAR franchise in the UK, said: “We’re thrilled John Grose has decided to make its first foray into the convenience grocery sector a partnership with us. We wish them all the very best.”