Woodbridge: Red Lion pub to re-open following renovation
- Credit: Archant
A PUB will soon welcome guests for its official re-opening after a £150,000 renovation.
The Red Lion, in the Thoroughfare in Woodbridge, was closed for three weeks while the improvements were carried out.
New licensees Pete Noke and Ross Simpson will hold a grand reopening on March 31. The investment has also created 10 jobs.
The pub, owned by Punch Taverns, has new leather sofas, inglenook fire places and a patio area, while the dining area has also been updated with new furniture and redecorated. New menus, including a children’s menu, have been created using locally-sourced ingredients.
Mr Noke, who has more than 30 years experience in the pub trade, said the Red Lion was now more family friendly.
You may also want to watch:
“The pub looks fantastic and I can’t believe the transformation,” he said. “The investment has bought the pub back to its former glory as well as introducing some new facilities.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1