Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A number of East of England Co-op stores are currently unable to take cash.
This is due to an incident being managed by UK Power Networks close to their Ipswich head office.
Affected shops without self-checkout tills have been forced to close while the issue is resolved.
Other key services, such as Paypoint and Lotto are also unavailable.
A spokesperson for the East of England Co-op said: “Unfortunately, our food stores have been impacted by an incident being managed by UK Power Networks near our head office in Ipswich.
"This incident has resulted in some of our food stores not being able to access essential till systems.
“Stores with self-checkout tills remain open and can accept payment by card. However, additional services, such as PayPoint and Lotto are unavailable at this time.
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 9 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 10 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
"A number of food stores without self-checkout tills have regrettably been forced to close as we work to resolve the issue.
“We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused to our customers, and we hope to be back up and running as normal very soon.”