Work begins on £1.4m extension to Braintree Enterprise Centre
- Credit: Archant
Work has begun on a £1.4million extension to a business centre helping start-up companies.
The Braintree Enterprise Centre will have an additional 12 incubator units, plus training and conference facilities, once the extension has finished.
A further 50 jobs will be created at the centre, run by Ignite Business Enterprises, by the project.
Braintree District Council (BDC) has provided £866,000 of funding for the scheme, with Essex County Council provided the other £300,000.
Graham Butland, leader of BDC, said: “Economic development is high on the agenda for the council and through working with our partner, Ignite, we have a good track record in supporting business.
“Start-ups are key to this success, and through the work that Ignite do including advice, business coaching and training, we have a good survival rate of 80% at the three year mark.
“As a district we have set tough targets for job creation with the aim of creating up to 20,000 jobs over the next 15 years. The centre will play an important part in this as it offers small self-contained units ideal for start-up businesses who pay a small rent which funds business coaching and training helping the businesses to grow.”
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 4 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 5 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 8 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 9 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
Penny Channer, Essex County Council’s deputy cabinet member for economic growth, added: “This is another great example of how Essex County Council is supporting innovation and enterprise across the county.
“It is fantastic to see the Braintree Enterprise Centre growing so it can support more businesses in mid-Essex.
“It is another demonstration that Essex means business.”