Work starts on �1.5m Co-op revamp
SUPERMARKET bosses are hoping a �1.5million environmentally friendly refurbishment of a busy store will be finished in time for the summer rush. Work at the Co-op in Sizewell Road, Leiston, started yesterday and is expected to be complete by June.
SUPERMARKET bosses are hoping a �1.5million environmentally friendly refurbishment of a busy store will be finished in time for the summer rush.
Work at the Co-op in Sizewell Road, Leiston, started yesterday and is expected to be complete by June.
In addition to new branding the supermarket will have a new ceiling and fixtures as well as a new look caf� area.
The project will also include new energy efficient lighting and energy efficient refrigeration units, which will save on running costs and aid carbon reduction.
You may also want to watch:
It is the latest in a whole raft of store improvements by the East of England Co-operative Society, which is continuing its development programme across the region.
Richard Samson, chief executive, said: “I am delighted that we are improving yet another of our Co-op supermarkets.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
“This latest investment in Leiston comes shortly after we completed a similar upgrade to our Framlingham store and we will also be announcing further store refurbishments and new build projects during the year.
“When we refurbish our stores we incorporate the new East of England Co-op branding and graphics, which gives them a bright and fresh new look which is proving very popular with our customers and increases sales.”
The Leiston upgrade is one of many projects in the pipeline and follows major improvements to outlets in Felixstowe and a �1.4million extension and refit at the Foodstore in Elmswell, near Bury St Edmunds.
Other projects recently finished include refurbishments to stores in Wivenhoe, Kelvedon, Dedham and Manningtree.