Works on schedule at Alton Water campsite near Ipswich
- Credit: Christopher Moore, Project Manager, Mick George Ltd
New campsite facilities at Alton Water are set to open next month.
Works are on schedule at the new campsite and caravan park at the reservoir, near Ipswich, developers say.
The site, set in 400 acres of countryside, now includes a new shower, toilet and wash facility and 88 new pitches.
Huntington-based Mick George Ltd built the structure and carried out groundworks and mechanical and electrical works across the site, and also refurbished its tearoom.
Alton Water Park is the largest water park in Suffolk, providing a holiday location, tourist attraction and a setting for walks, cycle rides, wildlife spotting and family picnics.
You may also want to watch:
The campsite is the first step towards Anglian Water’s longer term plans to develop the facilities at Alton Water for people and wildlife.
Stuart Costello, head of marketing at Mick George Ltd said: “This project enabled us to display a whole number of our contracting disciplines.”
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons