Course graduates get to tour the House of Commons
- Credit: Stonegate Pub Company
Ipswich MP Sandy Martin greeted Boris Kitanov from Yates in Ipswich at the House of Commons to congratulate him on graduating from Stonegate Pub Company’s ‘Bar to Boardroom’ management training programme.
Boris Kitanov was invited to the House of Commons to celebrate the 200th general manager appointment from Stonegate’s pool of home grown talent, having completed the company’s award winning Accelerator programme.
Now in its 20th graduation cycle, the Accelerator Programme has seen 200 deputy managers progress to mangerial positions since its launch in 2013.
To mark the graduation milestone, a number of MPs joined Stonegate’s Accelerators and senior executives to learn for themselves how the trailblazing innovative training programme leads staff from bar to boardroom.
The Accelerator programme is part of Stonegate’s ‘Albert’s Theory of Progression’ suite of training programmes, designed to give employees the tools to bridge the gap between deputy manager and general manager, through education and dynamic group learning.
You may also want to watch:
The course aims to build the participant’s confidence, encourage continued independent learning and help them to work together effectively as team. It consists of three workshops: Creating a Winning Mind; Winning in Communication and Winning in Business.
It also includes a practical component; participants must organise and produce a fundraiser event in their pub for a charity of their choice. To date the 200 Accelerators have raised more than £300,000 for UK charities.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
The guests were given a tour of the House of Commons before the main event, hosted by Luton MP Gavin Shuker.