Take a look inside this medieval house for sale near the Suffolk coast
- Credit: Archant
A meticulously restored Tudor house with medieval origins is for sale for just over £1million.
York’s Tenement, in Yoxford, is understood to date from 1592 but is believed to have much older origins.
Later additions were made in the 17th and 19th centuries.
Since 2008, when the current owners bought the property, it has been extensively restored.
The property is set in nearly 17 acres, which include grazing land, a wild flower water meadow and a wood.
You may also want to watch:
At the rear of the property, facing due south, is an area of formal gardens and a patio.
Inside the property there are six bedrooms, including one hidden away in the attic.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Downstairs, the sitting room hints at the house’s medieval origins with an open brick fireplace and leaded light windows.
The kitchen and dining room originally would have been the service quarters, and a former dairy has been re-purposed into a wine cellar.
The property is on the market with Clarke & Simpson for £1.1million.