Zero waste honour for Braintree-based IT recycliing firm RDC
- Credit: Archant
Information technology reuse and recycling company RDC has received a gold Zero Waste Award from the letsrecycle.com website.
The award for RDC, part of the Arrow Electronics group, recognises its success in recycling and recovering all waste with nothing left to be disposed of in landfill.
“Winning the gold Zero Waste Award is a significant achievement” said Gerry Hackett, RDC managing director. “This prestigious national award recognises the hard work put in by all RDC people and our recycling team in particular”.
In 2014, RDC also reclaimed almost half a million components, weighing a total of 250 tonnes, for re-use from the waste stream – a “sub-zero” waste achievement.
The letsrecycle judges praised the company’s focus on reuse of millions of items of IT devices, weighing tens of thousands of tonnes.
You may also want to watch:
They noted the recycling of expanded polystyrene packaging, which RDC compacts 50:1 into bales to be recycled into new plastic products, so saving hundreds of vehicle journeys and thousands of pounds of transport costs.
RDC was formed in 1991 and was acquired by Arrow Electronics in February this year.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 10 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
Arrow is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, serving as a supply channel partner for more than 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a network of more than 460 locations in 58 countries.