What have we learned from war 100 years on?
- Credit: Archant
I was watching the start of the Championship game with the Sheffield derby match tonight and I was pleased with the dignity of the remembrance ceremony among everybody before the match started.
I can look back and also remember what my father did in Europe (Italy), but thankfully he came home unscathed. Many didn’t.
The older I have become I now think far differently to what I used to! As I, like many others in our country are thankful for freedom and liberty – it came with a heavy cost. Good eventually overcame evil.
However, I am reminded of the ultimate sacrifice when Jesus said ‘Father forgive them because they don’t know what they are doing’ when we crucified Him. It is worth remembering and reflecting.
You may also want to watch:
Rushton Drive, Carlton Colville
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed