Calling all dog-lovers! Essex Dog Day announces date for its 2017 show
- Credit: Archant
Dog-lovers from across the county are getting ready for this year’s Essex Dog Day, which returns to its showground later this month.
The anticipated event will be held on Bank Holiday Sunday, August 27, and feature a jam-packed day of competitions, demonstrations, and entertainment.
This year there are 22 classes - including six new ones for children - ranging from prettiest female to most handsome male, most loveable puppy to pooch and child fancy dress.
Ian Twinley, chairman of the organisers, said: “Last year’s overall winner in the classes was a rescue dog; there’s a class for all, pedigree or pooch so bring your pet and have a go, even if you’re an absolute novice.
“One of the best things for me is the sight around the showground of a thousand or so dogs of all sizes and breeds - or no known breed at all.”
The show is held in the parkland of Crix, Hatfield Peverel, and will also see the Police Dog Unit giving demonstrations throughout the day.
For more, visit essexdogday.com.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing