Calling all superheroes! Essex hospice announces return of Comic Hero Run for 2018
- Credit: Archant
The Comic Hero Run is returning to Colchester next year, and the county’s superheroes are invited to its launch.
The event offers a one-kilometre, five-kilometre and 10-kilometre course and will be held in Colchester’s Castle Park on March 18.
Registration opens at Invasion Colchester at Culver Square on September 2, where prospective runners can sign up and get an exclusive discount which is only available in person.
The run is organised by the St Helena Hospice, which supports people living with incurable illnesses.
Wendy Marcon, events and challenges manager, said: “We are thrilled that Invasion Colchester are not only collecting donations for St Helena Hospice and Colchester Hospitals Charity, but are also helping us to launch our Comic Hero Run on the day.
“This event proved very popular with both individuals and families last year with a fabulous selection of comic book and film heroes.
“Whether you’re a fan of Star Wars or Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Frozen or just like dressing up – this event is one is for you.”
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
To register after the launch, visit sthelenahospice.org.uk/comic18.