Cambridge: Father and sons remanded over van man murder
A father and his two sons have appeared in court charged with murdering a man found dying in the back of a van.
Robert Johnston, 56, and his sons Tom Johnston, 24, and Ben Johnston, 26, all from Pampisford, near Cambridge, are accused of killing Shaleem Amar from Sunningdale, near Ascot, Berkshire.
Shaun Matthews, 54, from Whittlesford, also appeared at Slough Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with the murder of Mr Amar.
The married father-of-three was found in the back of a white Mercedes Sprinter van on Wednesday after police firearms officers pulled over the vehicle on the A30 in Sunningdale.
A post-mortem examination showed Mr Amar, who had moved to the area with his family just two months ago, died from head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
All four men were remanded in custody and will face a hearing at Reading Crown Court on Tuesday, Thames Valley Police have said.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo