Cambridgeshire: Man dead after being hit by train
A MAN has died this afternoon after he was hit by a train.
Police and ambulance services were called to Waterbeach station, in Cambridgeshire, at about 2pm today, but a British Transport Police spokesman said the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
British Transport Police also confirmed the incident, which involved the 12.40pm Norwich to Cambridge service, is being treated as non-suspicious.
Hour-long delays were reported between Cambridge and Ely following the incident.
One passenger on the train said: “The driver braked really hard and everything went flying.
You may also want to watch:
“Then they said there was someone under the train.”
The police spokesman said a file will be prepared for the coroner. Anyone with information should call 0800 405040.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk