Knifeman jumps from bushes in attempted robbery
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A 25-year-old man escaped unharmed after he was threatened with a knife in an attempted robbery in Haverhill.
It happened in Camps Road, shortly after 8pm on Thursday, September 18.
The victim was walking along the road when a man jumped out from the bushes at the edge of a park, pointed a knife at him and demanded money.
He refused and ran off, escaping unharmed.
The suspect is described as being around 5ft 10in, aged in his late 30s, with a short beard.
You may also want to watch:
He wore a dark hooded top and grey tracksuit bottoms.
Enquiries into the incident are ongoing, with Suffolk police appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 101, quoting reference 37/56758/19.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.