Engineering works cause Ipswich train delays and cancellations
- Credit: Archant
Several services have been cancelled and others are expecting delays as engineering work between Norwich and Ipswich overran.
Greater Anglia made the announcement via social media that all lines were open but that several trains were either delayed or cancelled this morning, Wednesday, October 31.
The early train from Norwich to London, Liverpool Street at 4.55am was cancelled along with the 5.31am from Ipswich to Bury St Edmunds.
The 6.42am train from Cambridge to Ipswich has departed some 20 minutes late.
Trains from Ipswich to Felixstowe at 8.25am, and the return train at 8.54 were also cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Further problems have been reported by Greater Anglia at Stowmarket.
Due to a fault with the signalling system between Stowmarket and Diss, services running through these stations could be cancelled or delayed.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Greater Anglia have stated on Twitter that disruption is expected until further notice.