Candle causes fire in Ipswich garage

A CANDLE caused a fire which broke out today in an Ipswich garage being used for sleeping accommodation.

A CANDLE caused a fire which broke out today in an Ipswich garage being used for sleeping accommodation.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the candle set fire to a stereo in the garage in Tuddenham Road at just before 5.10am.

Two fire crews were sent to tackle the blaze and they had it under control by 5.40am.

Earlier three fire crews, two from the Princes Street fire station and one from Colchester Road, were called to a cooker fire in a ground floor flat in Chesterton Close, Ipswich, just before 1.45am today.


You may also want to watch:


The fire was under control just after 2.10am.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus