Candle causes house fire

A HOUSE caught fire after a tea-light was knocked on to some bedding, fire chiefs have revealed.Two crews from Sudbury were called to the blaze on the first floor of an end of terrace property in Kempson Drive, Great Cornard, at about 5am this morning.

Dave Gooderham

A HOUSE caught fire after a tea-light was knocked on to some bedding, fire chiefs have revealed.

Two crews from Sudbury were called to the blaze on the first floor of an end of terrace property in Kempson Drive, Great Cornard, at about 5am this morning.

It is believed no-one was hurt in the fire.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter