Extra-special candy floss grapes for sale - but for a limited time only
- Credit: Archant
It may not be the food combination that most people dream of - but candy floss flavoured grapes have this week made a return to Suffolk supermarkets.
The specially engineered fruit, which Spanish company AMT Fruit in Newmarket helped to develop, is now featuring in Tesco stores across the county.
The sweet, healthy treats can only be imported during the Spanish fruit season, during the late summer - and so will only be available until October.
The Newmarket-based company imports citrus fruits including melons, pineapples and grapes, supplying the tasty food to the UK between June and November each year.
The grapes certainly taste sweeter than their natural cousins and there is a definite candy floss flavoured after taste.
You may also want to watch:
The supermarket chain is also selling strawberry and tropical flavoured grapes.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 4 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 8 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt